- The Ministry of Environment will continue to accept and review proposals submitted
by municipal governments and/or private developers to develop cottage subdivisions
on Crown Resource land.
- The Ministry of Environment has not identified specific priority areas in the province
for development however, there is potential for cottage development that benefits
everyone and in the long-term, creates sustainable economic growth.
- If applicable, the Ministry of Environment may discuss development proposals and
opportunities with developers, local communities, First Nations and Métis people.
- The discussions, when they occur, will strive to reach a consensus leading to
economic opportunities that are environmentally and socially acceptable.
- The Ministry of Environment will assess opportunities within existing cottage subdivisions to see if it is environmentally sound to expand them.